Our Board of Directors
NAPD’s Board of Directors guides the organization and is comprised of member-leaders who have risen to distinction through their contributions to the organization.
The Board ensures that NAPD is true to its mission, vision, goals, and values. The Board of Directors, working alongside all NAPD members, is working toward:
- Securing revenue;
- Growing membership;
- Reinforcing NAPD’s mission, vision, goals, and values;
- Creating a sustainable governance structure; and
- Improving public defense throughout the nation.
The Board of Directors is led by an Executive Committee, which includes the Officers of the Board, the immediate Past-President, and two at-large members. The Executive Committee members are:
- Cydni Sanchez (President), Deputy Chief Public Defender, New Mexico Law Offices of the Public Defender
- Elizabeth Miller (Vice-President), Assistant Director of the Office of the Ohio Public Defender
- Emily Hughes (Secretary), Iowa College of Law Professor
- Lorinda Youngcourt (Treasurer) Federal Defenders of Eastern Washington and Idaho
- Geoff Burkhart (Immediate Past-President), Texas Fair Defense Project
- Brendon Woods (At-Large Member), Public Defender of Alameda County (Oakland, CA)
- La Mer Kyle-Griffiths (At-Large Member), Assistant Public Defender, Santa Barbara Public Defender’s Office (California)