Criminal Defense Attorneys zealously advocate for individuals charged with misdemeanors in Douglas County District Court. Attorneys appear in various proceedings including but not limited to first appearances, hearings and trials in criminal court. Criminal Defense Attorneys provide comprehensive representation in collaboration with attorneys and advocates in other practice areas to avoid or mitigate any enmeshed consequences that may arise out of our clients’ contact with the criminal court system. To that end, Criminal Defense Attorneys must consistently be prepared to litigate and confidently engage in skillful negotiations with judges, prosecutors, and other actors within the systems our clients navigate.
Criminal Defense Attorney
Kansas Holistic Defenders
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- A demonstrated commitment to criminal defense.
- J.D from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- Membership in good standing to the Kansas bar or eligibility for admission to the Kansas Bar
- A commitment to defending poor and working-class people in Douglas County
- Experience and interest in criminal defense
- Ability to think critically and quickly on their feet
- Excellent research, writing and courtroom advocacy skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams