This position takes direction from an attorney to follow the legal theory of the case and to support or refute that theory through careful and thorough assembling of pertinent and relevant evidentiary facts within their ability to locate, identity, corroborate, and report. This position does not dispense legal advice.
- Locate and interview witnesses, victims, and clients in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable of all available resources and tools for identifying and locating individuals.
- Possess excellent interviewing and writing skills to accurately record witness statements, and as directed by the attorney, prepare reports depicting all aspects of the progression of an investigation.
- Assist in the preparation of subpoenas and deliver subpoenas and summons to witnesses in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with witnesses regarding court appearances in a timely manner and assist with coordination of expert witness involvement in case investigation (i.e., physical evidence and crime scene examinations).
- Develop leads and sources of information, primarily withing the Tri-County area. Obtain, analyze, and disseminate pertinent records, including court, law enforcement, military, criminal and psychological reports, and documents.
- As directed by the attorney, conducts surveillance of both stationary and mobile subjects in a covert manner.
- Perform assigned investigation and update case management software in a timely manner.
- Participate actively and appropriately in the zealous representation of clients and in client advocacy.
- Maintain daily contact with attorneys regarding case activity.
- Maintain availability to other staff members for consultation and on-going education, and participation in training programs.
- Participate in team meetings for case review and discussion of office related issues.
- Testify in court accurately and honestly and without impeachment.