Who We Are
Deschutes Defenders is a public defense nonprofit whose team of attorneys, investigators and staff represent our clients in criminal, juvenile, and mental health proceedings. Our organization and its predecessor have been providing indigent defense services to Deschutes County since 1981. We are located in the Historic Wright Building across from the courthouse in downtown Bend, Oregon. Bend is one of the premier outdoor meccas in the country on the Sunnyside of the Cascades with a burgeoning art and music scene.
• Client Focused
• Community Centered
• Constitutionally Rooted
Working in Deschutes County we strive to provide unwavering advocacy for each client and champion the preservation of families.
Our greatest resource to meet our mission is our people. That is why we constantly develop a culture where our employees can grow, be challenged, and most importantly feel supported.
The days of CASELOAD OVERWHELM are over! Our Organization maintains strict caseload maximums to ensure Quality Representation and Quality of Life.
Attorney aka Public Defender
• We currently have an opening in our Criminal and Juvenile Division for an attorney with 0-20 years experience.
• We have a robust training program, thus both new attorneys and lateral career attorneys are encouraged to apply.
• You will have the opportunity for Trial Work and Pushing Justice Reform Forward.
• $85,000-$130,000 based upon experience
• PTO accrues on Day 1
• Moving Expenses
• Costco Membership!
How to apply
• Deschutes Defenders is an equal opportunity employer with an inclusive workplace. We are committed to having a staff whose diverse backgrounds reflect the communities we serve. Candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to our Office Manager, Pam Williams, at email@example.com.
Work Location: Bend, Oregon